Do you have experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech company and would you like to work as a Laboratory Scientist at an innovating company? Apply now!
Your main responsibility as a Laboratory Scientist is to guarantee the quality and robustness of the immunological assays to be used for the analysis of samples in clinical trials. You are also responsible for the scientific quality of the analysis of clinical trial samples, as well as long term life cycle of the methods he/she is the expert on. To that effect, you need to consider the long-term strategies of the project and align your scientific strategy accordingly. Your activities must be executed, documented and reported according to Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) quality requirements.
- You’re responsible for designing, supervising, reviewing and documenting the experiments for assay development and validation.
- You’re responsible for the critical reagents in an assay, the experimental controls to guarantee assay performance, and for training operators on the scientific fundamentals of the assays which are used in the lab.
- PhD in biological/medical sciences or equivalent, with strong immunology or virology background
- At least 3 years of experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech company
- Extensive, hands-on experience in the development to validation of serology (ELISA, VNA or other) or cell-based assays (ELISPOT, flow cytometry assays or other) according to regulatory standards
- Recent experience in optimizing functional assays for antibodies (antibody-dependent cell cytotoxicity, or antibody-dependent cell phagocytosis) is a plus
- Recent experience in optimizing isolation, freezing and thawing of PBMCs is a plus
- Knowledge of procedures to establish comparability and bridging of critical reagents is a plus
- Experience with experimental plans using the “Design of Experiment (DoE)” principles is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- Experienced in working under quality standards such as GCLP, GCP or GMP
- Quality minded and flexible + able to remain calm and positive under pressure
- A team player with soft skills, able to motivate and empower others
- Good planning and coordinating skills.
A chance to work at a company dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health.
Contactpersoon voor deze functie is Joost Storms, bereikbaar op telefoonnummer 023 55 78 529 of via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Kenmerk: 8967.