Do you want to develop your career as a Lab Technician? Are you interested in Virology and eager to learn? Then continue reading!
As a Technician in this company you will be performing cell culture, serological, virological and molecular assays as part of clinical intervention studies on viral infections. You will be working in the Clinical Virology Services or the Molecular Virology Services department, where the technicians work with the most advanced techniques. You will be based in our Head Office at the Rotterdam Science Tower.
This organisation is hiring Lab Technicians of all levels of experience, from Graduate to Senior.
Your responsibilities and activities will include:
- Virological, immunological or molecular assays, such as PCR, sequencing, virus titration, neuraminidase inhibition, plaque assays, hemagglutination inhibition, neutralizing antibodies, cell-mediate immunity and our in-house developed innovative Virospot assays;
- Additional responsibilities such as study database management, supply management and administration, etc;
- Liaising with peers and other stakeholders (clinical trial operations, study directors/ scientists, QA managers) to ensure a smooth laboratory project workflow;
- Applying quality guidelines in line with ISO15189, GLP, GCLP and GCP methodologies;
- The above activities will be performed within a team of technicians and in close cooperation with other departments. You will be guided, supported, and coached by your group leader, peers, and (study) directors.
- Completed vocational training (MBO) or a Bachelor’s degree in laboratory technology, laboratory science, microbiology, virology or immunology;
- Strong verbal and written command of English at an advanced level;
- Good appreciation of GLP (Good Laboratory Practice);
- You enjoy working in a service-oriented manner and taking initiative to better support our customers;
- Attention to detail and focus on quality are essential attributes in your work;
- You love being part of a team and have great communication skills;
- You’re flexible and able to oversee several tasks at the same time.
This is a responsible job with good employment conditions.
Contactpersoon voor deze functie is Sen Kösters, bereikbaar op telefoonnummer 023 55 78 529 of via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Kenmerk: 10540.