Are you an experienced scientist and are you looking for a new challenge? This project may be something for you!
You are responsible for setting-up in vitro and cellular assays to study protein functionality and you are involved in the cloning, expression, biochemical and functional characterization of proteins for investigations of WWDA targets leading to solutions in various disease areas, f/e lung cancer and colorectal cancer.
We are looking for a scientist with a proven track record in the development and validation of cellular and biochemical assays such as but not limited to FACS, AlphaLisa, ELISPot, NanoBit/Bret, fluorescence spectroscopy, ELISA, Octet, gel electrophoresis and Western blot. A prerequisite is the proven ability to apply newly developed assays to sample sets either in-house or following transfer to an external site. Hands-on experience with generating recombinant production (mammalian) cells/cell lines is needed to allow generating materials required for assay setup or as controls.
You are expected to design, lead and implement experiments supporting the research projects. Furthermore, close working relationships are expected with internal and external partners. You will actively participate in lab-work, drafting study plans and analyzing and interpreting scientific data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Executes and supervises the cellular functional characterization of proteins.
- Initiates and monitors studies outsourced to contract research organizations and academic collaborators.
- Writes study plans for (in house) exploration and outsourcing activities, aligned with the WWDA objectives and strategy, ensuring input and support by WWDA functions such as statistics, planning, as well as WWDA management.
- Consults and collaborates with other team members to analyse and resolve study design and analysis problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine experimental strategies.
- Identifies and advises on new technologies.
- Reports results, discuss conclusions, and suggest follow up experiments and projects.
- Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) with 0-5 years post-doctoral experience or a minimum of 12 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties beyond a B.S. degree, or at least 3 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties at the Senior Associate Scientist level, or the equivalent training/experience.
- Experience in working with different types of cells and with cell-based assays for in vitro functional assays as well as cloning and expression of proteins is a prerequisite.
- Experience with analytical techniques to characterize proteins such as ELISA, OCTET, gel electrophoresis, Western blot is needed.
- Experience and know-how in the field of immunology and/or with protein purification, e.g. affinity based, and size exclusion is a plus.
- Demonstrable skills in trouble shooting, can-do attitude to deliver on targets.
- Working efficiently and independently towards solutions from literature searches to hands on experimental lab work.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, good judgment, planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
A great and important job opportunity at one of the worlds biggest healthcare companies.
Contactpersoon voor deze functie is Joost Storms, bereikbaar op telefoonnummer 023 55 78 529 of via e-mail: email@example.com Kenmerk: 9701.